Monday, August 22, 2011

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT THROWBACK: Eric B & Rakim






Born William Griffin Jr., Long Island, New York, USA most came to know this lyricist as RAKIM. Between 1987 and 1992, Rakim released four influential albums in partnership with Eric B that have accorded him the status of one of rap's greatest figureheads.Some of there Cd's are...

Paid In Full


Follow The Leader


Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em


Don't Sweat the Technique

Here is an example of some Rakim bangin lyrics
>>>>The 18th Letter, a smooth soulful album that earned praise for Rakim's imaginative and intelligent rhyming on tracks such as 'The 18th Letter' ('Nobody's been this long-awaited since Jesus/I heard the word on the street is/I'm still one of the deepest on the mike since Adidas') and 'The Mystery (Who Is God).



All I will say is both put a face to HIP HOP most importantly NEW YORK....nuff said.We have MUCH RESPECT 4 these 2 as a solo artist RAKIM could drop a CD today and u can bet all my money I will have that joint!!!! I still rock the hitz these 2 had.And to this day "Microphone Fiend" is still FIRE !!!! If you don't believe me check out some of there hitz/videos.
















No comments:

Post a Comment